The FRM Program:
The Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) designation is the globally recognized standard for those who manage risk.
Certified FRMs are part of an elite, global network, and are valued by top employers across diverse businessesAbout the FRM Program
About the FRM Program
With seismic changes continuing to occur in the financial services industry worldwide, professionals who manage risk, money and investments are recognizing the need to objectively demonstrate a globally standardized level of up-to-date industry knowledge.
Requiring the successful completion of a rigorous two-part, practice-oriented examination, the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation provides a bedrock foundation in a profession and industry that is rapidly evolving. Since the FRM Program's inception in 1997, Certified FRMs have achieved positions such as Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director of Investment Risk Management, to name a few.
The global FRM community is growing dramatically, with Certified FRMs represented at nearly every major banking institution, government regulator, consulting firm and financial services institution around the world.
- There are over 32,000 Certified FRMs practicing worldwide
- Over 150,000 registrations for the FRM Exam since 1997
- In 2014, FRM candidates came from 143 different countries and territories
- Registrations for the 2014 FRM Exam represented more than 6,000 organizations globally
- 923 Organizations had 5 or more FRM registrations in 2013FRM Program Roadmap
FRM Program Roadmap
The FRM designation is the most globally respected certification for financial risk management, owing to a rigorous program that ensures that Certified FRMs have mastered the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in today's rapidly changing global financial industry.
There are no educational or professional prerequisites to sit for the FRM Exam. However, to become a Certified FRM, candidates must complete the FRM Program as outlined below:
- Lucrative career options in Risk Management, Trading, Structuring, Modeling, etc. FRM holders have positions such as Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management, to name a few.
- Strong value addition to your skills, credentials and resume.
- In 2014, FRM candidates came from 143 different countries and territoriesComplete coverage of risk management concepts.